Thursday, August 11, 2011

Did Romania have anything to do with Russian Imperialism in its history?

I wanted to do a research paper about Vlad the Impaler who was the Boyar of Wallachia, which is in present day Romania. I got the idea because I noticed while reading about Russian history that their fight against Islam played a big role in the Muscovite civilization that would become Russia. And that they eventually took control of regions surrounding it in eastern Europe (such as Poland, etc.) Vlad also held a resistance against Islam. But I haven't read anything yet about Romania and its relation to russia at that time and Romania was clearly part of the kingdom of Austria under the Habsburgs. Do you think I could make some kind of connection between the history of Vlad and Russian imperialism, or how it might have something to do with it in any way?

No comments:

Post a Comment